Friday, July 21, 2017

Drive on...

Welcome to thatwasrockandroll.

There is nothing like a great driving song.  Something to stir the insides and make the right foot more active.  They're best listened to late at night, when traffic is lighter and there are fewer, ahem, obstacles, to the ride.  We're driving on Sunday, but there will be no speed racing from us.

I recall a drive one night where for some ungodly reason I heard a remixed version of Brooks and Dunn's "Boot Scoot Boogie".  It had all sorts of studio tricks in it and I damned near hit the century mark as it went on.  If you've never heard it, it's worth your time:


But that's not the Driving Song I'm thinking about.  This one has no vocal, no studio tricks, and it wasn't played on the radio much.  But this song is dangerous to play while facing a long stretch of pavement with no "obstacles" in front of you.  It's by my favorite "shred" guitar player of all time, an artist who should always be considered when listing the best players of all time.  Listen, but don't drive or operate heavy machinery until you understand its effects on you.


There is a live version and it's just about the same.  The man can play.  Enjoy the weekend.


Pete

No comments: