Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Too much time on my hands...

Welcome to thatwasrockandroll

One of the great things about the Internet is that has allowed people with skills and too much time on their hands to create stuff.  Stuff that you used to find out only after you knew someone for a while (like: "I didn;t know you built a replica of the Death Star in your backyard").  Now a trip to YouTube will reveal all sorts of crazy stuff.

These alchemists take disparate elements and combine them into something "different".  Sometimes the results are awful (The Britney Spears crying fan comes to mind).  But I'm gonna leave those out of this discussion.  Instead, I want to share some truly inspired creations. 

Let's start with my favorite of all time--"Stayin' in Black".  Yep--take the Bee Gees, take their classic "Stayin' Alive" and mix it with AC/DC's "Back in Black".  While that sounds like a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic salt (full and earnest apologies to Dr. Seuss), it's actually awesome.  Just listen for a minute (or rock out for the duration.  Your call):



Want more AC/DC mashup?  Try this one on for size-a little diddy called "Rolling in the Black":



AC/DC isn't alone here.  My favorite of all time is the mashup of six country songs by different artists that sound EXACTLY the same:



Once you go down the YouTube rabbit hole it's truly amazing.  Whatever your taste in music, somebody is working on something that will blow your brains out.  It's fun.  I'll keep listening and share some others with you...


Pete

PS:  Yes, I've been silent for some time.  It's been a rough few months.  The light I see at the end of the tunnel is actually not another train.  I'll try to do this much more often...



No comments: