Between the deaths of Walter Becker and Tom Petty, the real possibility of war with North Korea, the incredible slog ahead of Puerto Ricans, and the ongoing war against the poor and disadvantaged, there are moments where it seems only logical to give up and crawl into a hole. But when that feeling sets in I find that certain songs elevate me regardless of the gloom around me.
I'm gonna share some of the more obscure tracks that always bring a smile to my face and an elevation of my mood. We start with perhaps my favorite of all.
I'm not a big John Hiatt fan. I'd be hard-pressed to name any of his songs other than "Slow Turning", "Have a Little Faith in Me" and today's track, a song that demands your energy and rewards it with a rollicking guitar riff and a pounding beat. It's always seratonin for my mood.
Got more where that came from. Stay tuned...
Pete
No comments:
Post a Comment